PepsiCo Adelante Program
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
BY ENTERING THIS CONTEST, YOU AGREE TO PEPSI-COLA’S PRIVACY POLICIES, AVAILABLE AT THE CONTEST WEB SITE, AND THAT YOUR ENTRY AND THE PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM YOU IN CONNECTION WITH THIS CONTEST WILL BE SHARED WITH THE SPONSOR, PEPSI-COLA COMPANY. ("SPONSOR").
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. INTERNET ACCESS REQUIRED. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY TO WIN THIS CONTEST.
1. Agreement to Official Rules: By participating in the Contest, Entrants fully and unconditionally agree to and accept these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and/or Administrators, which are final and legally binding in all matters related to the Contest. Whether an Entrant(s) receive(s) a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein (the "Official Rules”).
2. Timing: The Contest will begin on April 8, 2014 and end on May 23, 2014 with the submission of each team’s synopsis to the business case.
3. How to Enter: Participants must sign up in order to be eligible to compete. Visit http://www.nshmba.org/PepsiCoCaseStudy and register your Team members on the NSHMBA PepsiCo Case Study page by following the online instructions. (See eligibility requirements below.) Team members must consist of 3-4 persons to be considered a team ("team”), provide all of the specified information (as described online) and click on the submit key. During the registration period a confirmation email will be sent to all teams that have completed registration. Please retain the email for your records. Entries not received within the qualification deadline period and/or with incomplete information, past the due date, will be disqualified by Sponsor at its sole discretion. Limit one (1) application per team. Administrator is not responsible for late, lost, or misdirected application materials or correspondence. All application materials become Administrator’s property and will not be returned. Submission of an application grants Administrator and its agents the right to publish, use, adapt, edit and/or modify such application in any way, use in any and all media without limitation, and without consideration to the applicant. Submission of any application further constitutes the applicant’s consent to irrevocably assign and transfer to the Administrator any and all rights, title and interest in the application, including, without limitation, all copyrights.
4. Eligibility: PepsiCo Adelante ERG Contest is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States, D.C. and Puerto Rico who are at least 18 years of age at the time of entry and who did not purchase any equipment for purposes of entering this Contest. By participating in the Program, each Team unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Pepsi-Cola Company, Purchase, New York ("Sponsor”), whose decisions shall be final and binding in all respects. Team applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible:
- Teams must be composed of 3-4 team members. Alternates are allowed, but must be listed by name on the Registration form. At least two team members must be working on their MBAs.
- Multiple Teams can be sent from one university.
- Teams must have self-made, distinctive names and marketing logo not directly associated with any current University, Company, or other organization.
- All teammates must be present for their case presentation at the Conference (September 24, in Philadelphia, PA), and each student must have a part in the presentation. Case study must be written and presented in English.
- All research content must be referenced.
The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law.
5. Judging Criteria: The following Rubric will serve for grading and judging Teams. The Team with highest point total wins the case competition contest. In the event of a tie, judges will convene to determine a sole winner.
Prior to the start of the Presentation, Teams must submit synopsis of their case study to the judges. Teams without a synopsis will be disqualified. Entries must contain the following:
- Cover or title page - Team Name, University and team members’ names (including alternates).
- Brief summary - This is a written outline of the case study summarizing all key points. It could include a situation analysis, research, goals and objectives, strategies and tactics, and evaluations.
- Samples of collateral materials, news releases, media materials and schedules.
- References for all research materials.
- Must be provided within a Microsoft Word Document.
Three (3) Top Finalists will be chosen to present at the NSHMBA Annual Conference. Transportation, lodging, and registration will be provided for each Finalist team member.
6. Prize: All Finalist Team members will receive a certificate of recognition. Each member of the winning team will receive the following Prize: $500 Cash and a Gift Basket including various PepsiCo product and/or memorabilia with an approximate value of $100. Approximate Total Retail Value: $600.00.
7. Conduct: These Terms and Conditions are accessible from the Website throughout the Contest Period. Failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions may result in disqualification. Administrator reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual suspected of tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Program or the Web Site; or to be acting in any manner deemed by Administrator to be in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in any manner deemed by Administrator to be unsportsmanlike or disruptive, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A USER OR ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROGRAM IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, ADMINISTRATOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND COSTS (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8. Limitations of Liability: Administrator and Program Parties including, but not limited to, PepsiCo., Inc., Pepsi-Cola Company and its bottlers assume no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty, failed, garbled or jumbled electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Program; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Program; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of the Internet or the Web Site or any combination thereof, or; (e) any injury or damage to participant’s or to any other person's computer which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Program or download any materials in the Program. If, for any reason, the Program is not capable of running as planned for reasons which may include without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Program, then the Administrator reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Program in whole or in part.
9. Disputes: Except where prohibited, Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the state of New York or the appropriate New York State Court.; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
10. Sponsor: PepsiCo, Inc. Purchase, New York 10577