Washington DC Chapter Board Members:
We are here to serve our chapter members! We strive to create value for your our members by bringing them outstanding professional development opportunities. Please contact us if you are interested in getting more involved in helping us plan and execute or local DC Chapter events.
If you are not yet a member, we would like to encourage you to become a member of NSHMBA today begin participating in our local DC Chapter events. Through NSHMBA you will be exposed to unimaginable opportunities to lead, learn, mentor, and make a difference.
To read more about the Board Members, click here: Board Member Bios
Join the Board today!
Become a Chapter Board Member for the 2013-2015 Term.
is looking for more Chapter Board members to help advance the
organization’s mission of increasing the number of Hispanics graduating
from master’s business
degree programs through scholarships, professional development, and
networking. NSHMBA is turning 25 years this year, marking a great
opportunity to gain board experience and enhance your leadership skills
and professional experience. Come be a part of our team! No MBA
required, just a desire to make a difference!
- Must be a Member of NSHMBA, in good standing.
- Willingness and availability to dedicate at least 15 hrs. per month for chapter internal and external activities
- Willingness to travel for leadership training and national conference outside DC (optional)
- Leadership, technical and personal competencies a plus
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills preferred
- Passionate about networking with talented professionals and corporate representatives in DC
Note: The potential candidates should reside and stay in DC for at least 6 months upon appointment.
interested in being considered for one of the board positions, please
email us expressing your interest, along with your resume at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently seeking the following positions:
- Creates and maintains partnerships and secures MOUs with federal and local government agencies.
- Creates partnerships strategies with the national office to increase partnerships at the local Chapter level.
- Secures government speakers/panel members for local events
- Works with the Corporate Relations Team in networking and relationship building of local resources.
- Keeps a full and complete record of the proceedings during Chapter Board meetings
- Ensures that Chapter Board is in compliance with National's code of conduct and bylaws
- Maintains and updates Chapter Board roster regularly
- Administers monthly Board meeting minutes
- Administers Board/Chair Roster and Annual Compliance Requirements
- The compliance officer shall also have voting rights and will be assigned other duties as may be prescribed by the Board.
(1 position required, 2-year term, 2 consecutive term limit, biannual elections)
- Administers Chapter Website (i.e. updates Bios, contact information, manages Chapter’s event calendar)
- Administers Monthly Chapter Website updates
- Administers Monthly Mobile App updates
with National IT Manager ensuring each board members has access to
Chapter email, access to NSHMBA Content Management System
- Oversees governance of Dropbox - Content Management System
- Assists with Chapter’s Google Group maintenance
- Works with VP of Marketing to create and post Chapter newsletters and announcements on website
- Helps Chapter Board discover and make use of new technologies that will aid in effective communications
with VP of Marketing to promote NSHMBA at the local level, ensuring
that the NSHMBA brand/logo is used in accordance with national style
guides, policies and directives
- Assists with coordinating use of national marketing materials to promote Chapter events
- Assists in designing and executing marketing strategies that will advance the Chapter’s goals
- Assist the VP of Marketing in the creation and implementation of effective communications processes
- Support marketing initiatives, with a heavy focus on the use of social media
- Conducts outreach to other Latino professional groups and attends networking events
- Assists with reviewing Website content and working with VP of Technology as needed to keep communication platforms up to date
- Collaborates with the National Office to promote the NSHMBA Annual National Conference and Career Expo
marketing support for each key event, such as distributing e-letters,
e-blasts, Chapter communications, creating event fliers, posting on
social media sites
costs to improve the Chapter's net fund balance performance in order to
better support the NSHMBA Foundation. As a result, assuring a better
revenue stream for the NSHMBA scholarship fund.
VP of Finance in generating NSHMBA forms for non-profit financial
management in accordance with U.S. Internal Revenue Code 501(C)(3)(6).
- Work with Treasurer to ensure sponsorship receivables are invoiced and collected
- Aid the VP Finance in drafting the Chapter's 2014 Budget.
position is ideal to enhance your acumen in non-profit accounting and
financial management. Also, as the stewards of NSHMBA's mission to help
provide affordable business education, this position would require your
fiduciary responsibility to help keep the Board's fiscal discipline.
- Works with VP of Corporate Relations to obtain and retain sponsors and partners
- Sets target sponsorship revenue goals
- Obtains plaques or gifts for corporate sponsorship events
- Works with event leads to obtain event sponsors (i.e. catering, venues, etc.)
- Assists VP of Corporate Relations and Marketing VP with drafting sponsor-related communications
Assist VP of Corporate Relations and VP of Marketing with the creation
and maintenance of a Corporate Relations page on Chapter website