Corporate Recruiter (Contract Opportunity) - 521524
Here, you'll help attract, lead, support and reward our most valuable asset: our high caliber people. Here, you're expected and empowered to be your best, to grow and to develop your skills. Be prepared to move quickly, to engage proactively, and to think strategically. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Recruiter is responsible for recruitment of candidates across a broad spectrum of roles. The primary focus of their work will be on high volume mid level roles. Accountabilities include sourcing and screening candidates, acting as a consultant to Hiring Managers throughout the hiring process, and providing detailed assessments for candidates and recommending offer amounts using RS offer tools and processes. The Recruiter position manages the presentation, selection, offer, negotiation, closing and administrative components involved in making a hire. The Recruiter is also accountable for managing interactions with candidates in accordance with employment law and in a manner that fosters transparency, simplicity and respect.
- Follow the sourcing process as defined by RS gated sourcing process. Follow predetermined sourcing recipe as defined by job family/code. Escalate sourcing challenges to your manager as appropriate.
- Collaborate with sourcing manager to capitalize on short and long term marketing campaigns by function. Share information with regard to outcomes in candidate flow (quantity and quality), market reactions and overall feedback with regard to overall awareness to local/national branding
- Pipeline candidates as necessary as determined by the sourcing recipe and roles recruited for.
- Telephone interview and evaluate candidates utilizing consistent templates and processes, leveraging behavior based interview and assessment techniques
- Present pre-screened candidates to management utilizing consistent process
- Demonstrates best practices and troubleshoots with team members
- Demonstrates diversity awareness and utilizes sourcing techniques that reach diverse population.
- Clearly articulates the greater than employee value proposition at all times when communicating with candidates and HMâ€™s.
- Able to generate referrals through cold calling
- Build credible presence with Hiring Managers and candidates, and has the ability to answer questions about the Enterprise and the industry
- Move candidates through steps and statuses per candidate SLA leveraging correspondence library
- Debrief hiring manager and candidates throughout recruitment process in accordance with the SLA for the position
- Maintain market/business intelligence regarding function and business unit alignment. As defined by SLA for the role (Platinum or Gold), work with Hiring Managers to build overall understanding of position requirements, department goals, and organization business plan.
- Assist Hiring Manager in evaluating candidates, offer negotiation, and overall process troubleshooting â€" including review and consultation of internal salary reference points, market compensation tables, and market intelligence in order to recommend offer package components.
- Adopt Leader Point of View and express concerns and shares ideas using constructive communication techniques
- Execute on core RS processes as defined by the SLA for the role. Core processes/tools include::
- Discovery process and documentation
- ACE methodology
- PIPE usage
- Adhering to sourcing/posting recipe
- Candidate presentation tool
- Offer approval process
- Moving candidates through steps and statuses
- Documents req status and key events in Taleo according to best practices
- Demonstrates and applies knowledge of recruitment related employment laws which includes underutilization criteria, moving candidates through proper steps depending on whether the candidate does or does not meet BAQâ€™s, and providing gender and ethnicity information in accordance with regulations
- Develop action plans for aging requisitions and keep management informed of progress against action plans in a timely manner
- Work with Recruiting Coordinator/administrator to initiate offer processing including background and drug screening.
- Accountable for self assessment of overall skill and as broken out into the 5 roles of the recruiter. Participates in designing development plan with manager that leverages internal resources appropriately.
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow. Already Fortune 25, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/VUnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Human Resources, or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of end-to-end recruitment experience
- PHR, SPHR, CPC certifications a plus
- Demonstrated ability to recruit for a broad/deep range of positions
- Demonstrated proficiency in marketing/sourcing techniques to include: internet, cold calling, college alumni, interactive strategies
- Demonstrated ability to function/recruit on a national, multi-site scale
- Knowledgeable in various employment laws including those of EEO and AA guidelines.
- Prior search firm experience a plus