NSHMBA San Antonio- President
I would like to welcome you to your San Antonio NSHMBA Chapter. As we begin 2016, we are extremely proud to share with you NSHMBAs new vision and mission.
Be the leading catalyst for Hispanic achievement by 2025 and, to empower Hispanic business professionals to achieve their full educational, economic and social potential.
We look forward to many firsts for the chapter and, nothing would inspire us more than for you to join our local chapter. It is the first time that as a board, we selected a theme that will be incorporated in every program, “Legacy”. Legacy is the establishment of traditions that can be celebrated today and, passed onto the future generation of leaders. The word Legacy carries many different meanings, it focuses on building on our values, sharing our experiences, fostering new ideas, providing avenues to help teach others and because each one of us, has the ability and the power to change the odds.
Glimpse into our journey of new firsts:
· 1st time Chapter is lead by an all Women Executive Board
· Offering of Legacy Leadership Series (A millennial leadership series focused in defining and developing your shadow of a leader.)
· Offering of All High School (A partnership, geared to pave the way for our students to dream big and, work hard as they get ready for college.)
· Establishment of the first NSHMBA chapters at local universities in our city (Focus of inspiring members to mentor young minds and foster students to “Dream Big”.)
We believe that, Education is the equalizer and with your help, we can make a difference by growing resources so students can reach or even surpass this equal footing when they enter the workplace. So I challenge each and every one of you that if there is an interest, you step up and make a difference.
As mentioned we are excited to forge into uncharted territories, but we will remain dedicated to the Legacy events that have built our chapter, and which helped the advancement of all generations of leaders city-wide.
Join us, for the:
· C-Suite Think Tank, a unique San Antonio Chapter program that assembles over 60 of the most powerful business leaders in our community by engaging them in an insightful and thought provoking discussion about inclusion, diversity and legacy as a conduit for promoting a high performing culture and organization.
· NSHMBA Charity Open at TPC-San Antonio, an annual golf tournament where generated proceeds directly fund higher education for our future generations of professionals.
· Women in Leadership Symposium, an extraordinary event which brings talented women from all over our community and our nation with the sole intent of developing, empowering, positively influencing women leaders. Most importantly, it assists in helping women build a bridge by connecting with other women leaders in different industries, professional organizations, and generations.
· The Legacy Leadership Series, a multi-platform leadership development program designed to take the participants on an inspiring journey, build purpose driven leadership in order to drive exceptional performance and create a pathway of self-development.
So as you can visualize, we are going to have a very busy 2016. Most importantly, we are delighted and proud to bring you these programs and services. So get ready everyone because we are ready to bring you an unforgettable 2016 year!
2016 NSHMBA San Antonio Executive Board
President: Yorka Velasco- Caballero
Executive Vice President: Maribel McElroy
Secretary: Carlota Nunez
Treasurer: Marissa Oliva
May 3, 2016
What is the Big Give S.A.?
The Big Give S.A.is a 24-hour day of giving that brings donors and nonprofits together by creating a shared region-wide experience
and connecting people to the causes that matter to them the most. Last year YOU came together to raise $4.3 million dollars for
882 charitable causes in 24 hours.
We are excited to take part in this year's BigGiveSA, please join us in spreading the word
and share our link for May 3rd
Community Forum (Board Meeting)
May- Community Forum
May 21, 2016
Time: 8:00 am through 10:00 am
La Madeline Park North
722 NW Loop 410, San Antonio, TX 78216
5th Annual NSHMBA San Antonio- Completed
Car Hole in One Sponsor:
Stay tuned for future events!!!!
We are proud to showcase our