NSHMBA Foundation Scholarship Program Guidelines
The National Society of Hispanic MBA Foundation has established a scholarship program to assist qualified Hispanics to pursue MBAs. Scholarships are offered each year for full- and part-time study at an accredited (AACSB) institution of the student's choice. Awards range
from $2,500 - $10,000. The top five (5) full-time applicants who
demonstrate financial need will receive an award for $10,000.
Application Period will open March 1, 2014 - April 30, 2014.
Eligibility Applicants to the NSHMBA Scholarship Program must:
- Be a United States Citizen or legal permanent resident
- Be of Hispanic heritage
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or the equivalent)
- Have a NSHMBA membership - Member ID required. Applicants who are not currently NSHMBA members can become an associate member for free here.
- Be enrolled or planning to enroll in a Master's Degree program in Management/Business no later than fall at a college in the United States or Puerto Rico accredited by AACSB. For a complete list of AACSB accredited schools, click here.
Scholars will receive:
- Premier NSHMBA membership during award year
full conference registration and up to $250 travel and accommodations
reimbursement for the NSHMBA Annual Conference & Career Expo
- An invitation to the Scholar's Networking Reception during conference which honors and recognizes you
- Conference preparation webinar(s) on building your résumé, elevator speech and best practices at conference
- Access to scholarship corporate donors to internship and job opportunities
- Recognition on the NSHMBA website and other materials as a NSHMBA scholar
- Connection with local NSHMBA chapter(s)
- Inclusion of your résumé on the NSHMBA scholars CD distributed to top corporate donors
How to Apply
Each year the online application period is March 1st - April 30th. Interested students must submit an online application and then mail all supporting documentation to Scholarship Management Services postmarked by the deadline:
- All undergraduate and graduate official transcripts
- Two (2) completed recommendation forms
Applicants are responsible for gathering and submitting all necessary information. Applications are evaluated on the information supplied; therefore, answer all questions as completely as possible. Incomplete applications will not be evaluated. All information received is considered confidential and is reviewed only by Scholarship Management Services.
Scholars are selected on the basis of academic achievement, work experience, personal statement of goals and aspirations, community service, letters of recommendation, and NSHMBA ambassadorship essay. Financial need will be considered for applicants competing for the $10,000 awards.
Selection of scholars is made by Scholarship Management Services. In no instance does any officer or employee of NSHMBA play a part in the selection. All applicants agree to accept the decision as final.
Scholars are expected to be NSHMBA ambassadors and continue an active membership status with NSHMBA participating in two (2) NSHMBA events per term of their award year. The following are participation opportunities:
- Attend or volunteer at a local chapter event
- Serve as an officer or committee member at the local chapter
- Host an event on campus to increase NSHMBA membership
- Attend the NSHMBA Annual Conference & Career Expo
- Host an event to promote NSHMBA's Annual Conference & Career Expo
* If a NSHMBA chapter is not located within 50
miles, other Hispanic oriented community/business school events may be
substituted. You must submit a report or presentation about the event to
the University Relations Department to approve the event before the deadline.
Scholars are strongly encouraged but not required to:
This scholarship program is administered by Scholarship Management Services, a division of Scholarship America. Scholarship Management Services is the nation’s largest designer and manager of scholarship and tuition reimbursement programs for corporations, foundations, associations and individuals.
Questions regarding the scholarship program should be addressed to:
Call: 1-507-937-1682 and ask for the NSHMBA Foundation Scholarship Program
Send all required supporting documents to:
NSHMBA Foundation Scholarship Program
Scholarship Management Services
One Scholarship Way
Saint Peter, MN 56082
reserves the right to review the conditions and procedures of this
scholarship program and to make changes at any time, including
termination of the program.