The local Chapters of NBMBAA and NSHMBA invite you to join us as we prepare students and business professionals for their upcoming conferences by equipping participants with valuable tools and skills to maximize their career fair experience.
Participating corporate sponsors will have the exclusive opportunity to interact with our members several weeks before the National Conference.
NSHMBA and NBMBAA are excited to collaborate with university and corporate partners for this innovative and dynamic event. We look forward to connecting with you!
► WHEN YOU REGISTER:
Indicate in the comments section which two breakout sessions you'd like to attend! Let us know the companies/roles you are targeting and forward your resume/cover letter to email@example.com
Please see GSK's Microsite for the BIO event below:
Check out Comcast's Career Opportunities here: http://jobs.comcast.com/Job-Opportunities
Companies Sending Recruiters!
The National Black MBA Association (NBMBAA) and The National Society of Hispanic MBAs (NSHMBA) will attract more than 15,000 conference participants combined this year!
NBMBAA 37TH Annual Conference and Exposition Orlando, FL September 22 - 26, 2015
NSHMBA National Conference Chicago, IL October 8 - 10, 2015
A career Conference is a unique professional event that presents distinct challenges and opportunities to attendees. The most successful conference participants will be those that design a clear strategy - knowing who they want to talk to and why. They will approach possible employers, allies and colleagues with a clear and compelling career narrative that will help them stand out from the crowd as they try to earn an elusive in-conference interview.
The Career Conference Toolkit Agenda
5:30 – 5:45pm Networking/registration
5:45 – 5:55 pm Welcome – NSHMBA/NBMBAA
5:55 – 6:25 GSK Keynote Speaker - Maximizing your impact at a Career Fair
6:30 – 7:30 Breakout sessions
7:30 – 9:00 Mock Career Fair
We will conduct four sessions for 30 minutes each and will run concurrently. The goal is to provide attendees with actionable and practical advice they can utilize at the Mock Career Fair to earn an “Interview pass”.
Participants can attend only 2 sessions.
1. Getting the Interview before Conference
- Standing out on Social Media
- Making your resume/profile stand out
2. Getting the Interview at Conference: Recruiter Booth (GSK)
- Creating your Value Proposition (elevator pitch)
- Selling your story
- Knowing your Company
- Knowing your Audience [HR, Business Unit, etc.]
3. Getting the Interview at Conference: Networking Receptions
- Reading the Room
- Optimizing your Time
- Approaching Recruiters
4. Acing the Interview
- Case vs Behavioral Interviews
- How to prepare
- Best Practices/Worst Practices
The Mock Career Conference is designed to simulate the conference experience in the following areas and is also open to our core partners to participate:
1. Mock Company Booths staffed by 1 recruiter and 2 coaches/observers to provide real-time feedback
2. Resume Critique Booth for scheduled appointments to receive real-time feedback. Let us know the companies/roles you are targeting and forward your resume/cover letter to
3. Mock Networking Reception where recruiters/HR “Ambassadors” will help attendees navigate the reception
4. Mock interviews for pre-selected candidates and recipients of the “interview pass”
Our goal is to provide attendees with a safe place to practice their skills so they can maximize their impact at the actual career conference.
Corporate Partner Informational Sessions
1. Scheduled between 7:30-9 pm in a private room on the first floor
2. 10 minute presentations and 5 minute Q & A
3. Please RSVP